How To Apply
- Complete the Application Form online by clicking the link below. You will be able to start and come back to it to complete.
Prior to starting the application, please gather the following:
- A recent photograph of the student.
- A copy of the student’s birth certificate, citizenship, or permanent residence card, if applicable.
- A copy of the final report card of previous school year and most recent report card, if available.
- A copy of the student’s psycho-educational evaluation, if applicable.
- The potential student will be required to complete a profile form online. Note: No help mom or dad.
- You will be asked to send an email for a confidential teacher reference, so please have a suitable teacher’s email address available.
- $150 non-refundable application fee will be payable online or drop off a cheque/cash at the Admissions Office.
Testing and Interviews
A testing and interview date will be confirmed with the student’s family
contingent upon completion of Step 1.
Students Applying for Grade 7 (2021-2022)
- Group Testing for next year (2021-2022) will start in November of 2020
- Siblings/Legacy only applying for Grade 7: Saturday, November 7, 2021, 8:30-12:00
- Non-Siblings applying for Grade 7: Saturday, November 21, 2020, 8:30-12:00
- All Students applying for Grade 7 after the group test dates will be by appointment
Are you writing the SSAT in another country or at another school? We will accept those tests results as an alternative to the Grade 7 group testing. Visit www.ssat.org for more details. Our school code is 8103.
Students Applying for Grades 8 to 11 (2021-2022)
Applicants to Grades 8-11 are required to complete and submit their score from the SSAT (Secondary School Admission Test). West Island College and other area schools offer the SSAT throughout the school year. NOTE - This year the SSAT is being offered virtually.
Please visit http://www.ssat.org/ for local testing dates and locations.
SSAT scores must be sent to the Admissions Office directly through SSAT. Our SSAT code is 8103.
Character Skills Snapshot
This short online assessment is required for applicants in Grades 8-11. You can complete it on the SSAT website and it is included in your SSAT testing fees. Why do we want the Character Skills Snapshot? Report cards and academic assessments provide insight into certain aspects of your child. We like to have additional information about your child to help him/her transition to our school and to thrive here.
If you are unable to take the SSAT, please contact the Admissions Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss.
Early Decisions/Offers for Grade 7 will start in approximately 2nd-3rd week of December 2020.
Grades 8-11 beginning in February 2021.
- Parents of students who have qualified (please refer to Step 3) will be contacted by the Admissions Office.
- When an offer of contract is accepted by the family, a meeting will be scheduled for contract signing to secure a position for the candidate.
- A position will only be secured when a contract is signed and the following fees have been submitted at contract signing meeting:
|Family Membership (one per family):||$3,500 non-refundable|
|Tuition 1st payment||$6,000 non-refundable (post-dated to May 15)|
|Capital Improvement Fee (one per family):||$3,500 non-refundable (post-dated to October 1)|
West Island College receives more applications for most grade levels than availability allows us to accept based on maximum class sizes. Qualified applicants for whom there are no positions available will be placed in a wait pool.